© 2010-15 Crispian Steele-Perkins All Rights Reserved
Site Design by: Lucidity London
Charles Pace, 49 King Street, London
C. Mahillon, Brussels
J.A. Kohler, London, No. 70
Besson & Co, 198 Euston Road, London
The Salvation Army, London
Boosey & Co, London
Two valved Trumpet in F made for The Band of the Royal Dockyards Volunteer Reserve [emergency Militia].
Cornet [Cornopean] with three disk valves [which revolve on flat metal plates], patented by W. Shaw of Glossop, Derbyshire.
“Echo” Cornet [a fourth valve diverts the airstream from the bell into a small acoustic chamber which instantly “mutes” the sound].
Trumpet in F. This was the instrument of choice of British symphonic trumpeters from about 1855 to 1915.
“Pocket” or “Preachers” Cornet. Compact in design for convenient porterage, this standard B flat Cornet led street-corner hymn-singing.
Trumpet in Bb and A, with false tubing to look like the standard orchestral trumpet in F.